Text: Genesis 2:18, “And the LORD God said, it’s not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.”
We’ve learned in the first and second series that marriage is a gift box and that our maker is our husband. I pray that you will enjoy your marriage and your home will be like heaven on earth In Jesus Name. Amen
Since I gave my life to Christ, I’ve never considered looking back/backsliding. I have learned a lot of lessons in the life of Lot and his wife, and in the life of Demas from the Bible. To enjoy an everlasting marriage until death do you part, you have to seek the face of God for the right spouse and put the following things into practice and in your mind:
- Do not look back in the faith that earned you your salvation. Genesis 19:26, “But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.” A type of salt that is not useful for seasoning, not useful for herself and not useful for human consumption. If the right man/woman has not come yet, it doesn’t mean that God is not attending to your request. Keep having faith in Him and don’t look back. Make a decision not to look back today.
- Do not blaspheme the name of the Lord. Leviticus 24:16, “And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death…” Read Matthew 12:22-32 and 1 John 5:6 on your own. People may become tempted to blaspheme God when they listen to the lies of the devil; telling them that they can’t find the right person or that they are too old or that they are not fit for marriage, etc. Pressure from parents and friends can push someone to blaspheme God. But I urge you not to fall into that temptation. Do not speak foolishly like Job’s wife. You are not and never alone. God is attending to your case and you will laugh last.
- Do not grieve the Holy Spirit in you (If the holy spirit is not in you, ask for Him in prayers). Ephesians 4:30, “And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.” The Holy Spirit will whisper to you who the right person is or give you directions on how to handle someone who approaches you. You may not see God in the wind, in the earthquake or in the fire, but in a gentle whisper like He spoke to Elijah in 1 Kings 19:11-12.
- Let her two roses satisfy you. Proverbs 5:19, “Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe…” (open the Bible and read the rest). Also, read Songs of Solomon chapter 2.
- Be submissive and do not sin in submitting – Ephesians 5:22, “Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.”
- Let love be without dissimulation- Romans 12:9, “Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.”
- Know that the wife of your youth/ the husband of your youth is a blessing from the Lord. Malachi 2:15, “ …and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.”
- Always remember the marriage supper of the Lamb. This will keep you focused on godly things. Revelation 19:7, “Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.” To the singles and the married, I urge you to gaze your eyes on godly things because our husband is coming very soon. Therefore, you are not alone for Christ is coming very quickly to marry us and we shall all be his bride. You and I will not miss this in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Now is the time to shake off the negativities in your life, home, family and marriage. Remember the words of Jesus Christ when he said the devil has come to steal, to kill and to destroy but He (Jesus) has come to give us life in abundance (John 10:10, paraphrased). Seek and hold on to the life that Christ has come to give you. Is there anything you don’t like in your life, family or marriage? Pray it off right now. Pray today for how you want your home to be, now and in the future. May God grant you your request in Jesus Mighty Name. Amen
Prayer: Thank you, Lord Jesus, for all your love towards us. Help us to keep ourselves pure, love our marriage and our home, love our spouses as you have loved us and keep the bond of faith united in Jesus Christ mighty name we have prayed. Amen. Help us to know that we’re not alone and that you have the right man/ woman for us as our help meet in Jesus Christ Mighty Name. Amen