My Year of Positive Change – Part 4
The Bible mentioned two great people who were desperate for the move of God in their lives.
- ZACCHAEUS: Luke 19:4 says, “…he ran ahead and climbed …”
Zacchaeus was so motivated to see Jesus because there was a great need in his life that drove him up that tree. Something within him desperately hoped that seeing Jesus would make a difference in his life.
- JABEZ – 1 Chronicles 4:9-10
Jabez prayed a prayer that changed the meaning of his name (v.10). He asked God “keep me from harm so that it might not bring me PAIN.” He knew that his name was drenched in the word “PAIN” and he was desperate to change it. God saw his willingness and his situation was changed for better.
HINDERANCES TO CHANGE:
- Bitterness: Hebrews 12:15
Bitterness is one of the most destructive of all human emotions. Bitterness fills one’s heart with what CANNOT happen instead of what CAN happen. Bitterness is lack of hope and that is a dangerous zone for any Christian to be in.
- Unbelief: Mark 6:5-6
If you have unbelief in your heart, you cannot experience the change God has planned for you.
This is one of the biggest cause of failure. When you begin to doubt the possibility of success, it becomes easy to give in to the temptation of quitting. You need to believe that if you have God with you, success is guaranteed.
Everything is someone else’s fault. We need to admit our faults and be honest with God just like ZACCHAEUS
- Unforgiveness: Matthew 5:23-24
Unforgiveness is a sin that hinders prayers and creates stagnancy in a believer’s relationship with God.
WHAT WE NEED TO DO:
- Be desperate for a change.
- Forgive and forget, let go and let God.
- Be motivated for a change.
- Have a vision and be focused.
- Be a friend of God and have faith in Him.
- Pray until something (good) happens (P-U-S-H). Job 14:14, “All the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.”
Beloved, you’ve come too far to lose hope now. Wait on the LORD! A positive change has come!