Text: Hebrews 11:15 & 16
15And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 16But now they desire better country, that is, an Heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for He has prepared for them a city.
All glory to God that you’re here reading this “Words of Wisdom” today. You need to be faithful in both little and big things by adding faith and fervent love for your master and savior Jesus Christ. Add work to your faith. Don’t be idle. Anywhere you find yourself, do tangible things there, so that when you do leave that place later or pass on to glory, your legacy will be left behind.
James 2: 14 & 17-18, “14What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
If you want to be faithful till the end, these steps will guide you:
- Be fervent in your daily prayers; join prayer meetings, have quiet time with God, meditate on his words, join all religious programs, meetings and/or fellowships. All these help you grow in Faith and increase your work for God.
- Be filled with the Spirit of God.
- Put a stop to any thoughts of looking back or going back to your old ways. Learn lessons from other people’s mistake who have looked back in the past. i.e. Lot’s wife. Remember she became a pillar of salt that is not useful for seasoning
- Keep yourself pure, you’re the one that can keep yourself pure, nobody will do it for you. Learn lessons from Mr Joseph Jacob who had no pastor, no bible, no councilor. He found opposition everywhere he went, yet he took his stand to fear God. Read his story in Genesis.
- Be focused, heaven and hell are real. Jesus said it and his word is sure. Luke 16:23-26, 1 Corinthians 15:58 says, “Your labor will be rewarded. (paraphrased). So be focused.
Let us pray : Father God, we ask that you help us to be faithful to the end and to love you more than any other thing in our lives in Jesus Mighty Name. Amen