Text: John 4:7- 42
Look into the life of the Sychar woman and look into your own life in the same mirror. Most often, we see ourselves as more superior, more Holy and as “we are not like them” either in color, race or educational status. One thing is certain though, Christ came to the world to die for all; Israelites, Samaritans, Americans, Asians, Africans, and those who come from the East, West, North or South part of the world. Are you black, brown, yellow or white? Christ paid the price for you and he’s the Savior of all.
In verse 7 of our text, we see that Jesus was the first to ask for a drink from the Samaritan woman. He asked for physical water. “There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, GIVE ME TO DRINK”
Later in verse 15, this woman then asked Jesus to give her water. This time, she was asking for both physical and spiritual water. “The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw”
Something happened in between their conversations:
- Jesus preached life to her.
- The woman listened and accepted.
- The eyes of this Sychar woman opened as Jesus Christ revealed himself to her. Vs 26, “Jesus saith unto her, ‘I that speak unto thee am he’”
Has Jesus revealed himself to you yet? After her encounter with Jesus, the woman left her water pot! Hmm…does that seem crazy to you? Was the power of the Word so heavy and charming to her to have left her water pot at the well? It was because after receiving the Word, she didn’t care about her pressing need, the water, anymore. You also need to hear such words from God. Perhaps, you’ve heard such words before or do you need to hear such words repeatedly from God?
After receiving the Word, the woman became a preacher, a prophetess and also a lady evangelist. Vs 29, “Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did …” Before we know it, she had followers and a congregation. My prayer is that God will make you a powerful Christian, a child of the Most High who will lead people/sinners to God and into His kingdom. Amen
In conclusion, vs 40-42 says, “So when the Samaritans were come unto him, … and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.” Like the Sychar people, you also need to hear Jesus personally, not relying on what others say about Him. You need to have a daily encounter and a renewal of spirit.
- Father God, we thank you for times like this in our lives. We give you the praise and honor. As you revealed yourself to the Sychar lady, we pray, oh Lord! that you reveal yourself to us in the same way, in Jesus Mighty Name. Amen
- Just as you revealed yourself to the Sychar people, we pray that you will reveal yourself to those who will read this Words of Wisdom. Together as one, we want to give you a drink by submitting and surrendering our lives to you totally, with no reservations to ourselves and also to drink from your everlasting well in Jesus Christ Mighty Name. Amen
- After hearing the words of life, father we pray that you’ll save us, change us, and turn our lives around as you did in the life of this Sychar woman in Jesus Mighty Name. Amen
- Help us to always be focused and think of heaven in all we do and say. Anything that could distract us from You, from your Word and from your work, destroy them in our lives in Jesus Mighty Name. Amen
- Accept us as we are, change us inside and out, and we ask that all glory returns to you in Jesus Christ Mighty and Glorious Name we have prayed. Amen and Amen.
If you have been blessed through this word and you will like to share your testimony, do not hesitate to share it in the comments below or through the following link. Give a Testimony
If you need more explanation or questions, please contact us with your questions. You can also send an email directly.
Jesus Christ is the Lord!!